Many of today's most popular hair styles require you to have stick straight hair, and for anyone who has naturally curly or wavy hair, learning how to achieve straight hair is the top priority.
There are a couple techniques you can use to get that straight hair that is so important to really be able to pull off today's popular hair styles.
Follow these steps:
1. Wash your hair thoroughly. Brush it out to remove all tangles. You should always brush gently from the bottom up to the scalp, this helps reduce breakage which can also make your hair damaged and not silky straight like you want it to be.
2. Buy and use a quality heat protection product. Most of these will go a very long way so you only need to use a little bit. Also, if you use too much your hair will look greasy and dirty, definitely not the look you were going for! Apply it evenly all over your hair starting at the bottom of your hair.
3. Section your hair and hold the sections you are not currently working on up with a pin or hair clip. You will be working with one section at a time.
4. Then you will need to take a straightener to one small section of hair at a time. You don't want to get too big of a section to work with since you will need the heat from the straightener to penetrate all the way through the section of hair.
Better to do too small a section and take a little longer than to try to do too big of a section and not get the results you want.
Depending on how thick your hair is and the quality of your straightener and how hot it gets, you may need to do a section more than once to get the results you really want. For that reason, make sure that you do this at least once so you know how long it will take, before you plan on doing it for some big event.
5. When straightening your hair, make sure you don't curve the straightener outward on the way down the section of hair. Doing so will make your hair flare out at the bottom and that probably isn't the look you want. Make slow controlled movements from top to bottom and keep it straight.
When you are done, carefully look over your hair, get a mirror to look over the back, and make sure you didn't miss any spots. Going out on the town with one section of hair that is wild and untamed while the rest is stick straight will look kind of weird, again, not the look you are going for.
6. And last, but not least, use a holding spray that will not only hold your hair in place, it will also add shine and luster.
That's it! You're ready for that night on the town. Go out and show the world your gorgeous straight hair now that you've learned how to achieve straight hair.
By Beauty Tips