* Cod-liver oil, often used for baby's skin irritation, helps when applied to painful areas. Or try a mixture of half a pint of milk and a mashed cucumber.
* Vinegar patted on sun burnt areas is very soothing.
* Pat sun burnt areas immediately with half a cup of milk to which a pinch of borax has been added.
* Grate one fresh raw potato. Extract juice by squeezing in a cheese-cloth. Apply to painful areas. This treatment also provides immediate relief.
* Calamine lotion (available at most chemists) applied liberally on affected areas and left on to dry is also a great sunburn soother.
* To one raw egg white add one teaspoon of honey and one teaspoon of hazel. Apply on affected areas, leave on for 5-10 minutes. Wash off with tepid water.